Thursday, July 15, 2010

What's in a Name?!




I thought I would start off my blog by explaining the name that I picked for my blog.
As you may or may not know I am a homeschooling stay-at-home mother to 3 wonderful children. I love being a stay-at-home mom and I love the fact that we homeschool. But there are days when nothing goes right. The laundry is piled over my head, the kitchen is a mess, the children are crying and not listening to a word that I say and it's not even noon!
It's on these days that I need to rejoice even more. But it's on these days that I have the hardest time trying to remember why I need to rejoice and what I have to rejoice over. So I have decided to start this blog to keep a list (a reminder) of the blessings in my life, the rejoicing moments of my day.

Rejoice is a verb! It's something that you do, it's a choice that you make! It means to be glad, to take delight. I want to be glad in everything and in every day. I want to take delight in all things.
For example, the laundry piled over my head is a blessing. It means we have clothes to wear and a washer and dryer right off the kitchen for me to use.
The kitchen that is a mess means we have food to eat and at least I have a dishwasher that will do most if not all the dishes for me.
The children who are crying and not listening to me are my biggest and greatest blessings and joy. And I know that once I calm down and talk calmly to them they will listen and in just a few minutes the tears will be gone and we will continue on with our day.

I am so excited to be starting this blog and I hope that you will come with me on this journey and together we can REJOICE!

2 comments:

50s Housewife said...

Congratulations on your new blog (you picked a great name) and welcome to the blogging community! :) Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

REJOICING said...

Thank you Housewife! I am very excited! Took me a few days to come up with the name but when I thought of it I knew it was the one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails