Saturday, July 17, 2010

What I do Matters!





I found this quote posted over at Mrs. U's blog Making a House a Home! It really encouraged me and I hope that it will bless you also.

C. S. Lewis once said, "A housewife's work...is surely in reality the most important work in the world. What do ships, railways, mines, cars, government, etc. exist for except that people may be fed, warmed, and safe in their own homes?... We wage war in order to have peace, we work in order to have leisure, we produce food in order to eat it. So your job is the one for which all others exist."

There are days when I feel like what I am doing (taking care of my family, cooking, cleaning, educating my children), really does not matter all that much. That anyone could do what I do, and maybe even do it better. But then I read something like this and it's like the Lord is telling me that What I do Matters! Not just to my family but to society as a whole. I am raising three amazing children who will (Lord willing) be great contributors to the human race one day. My oldest dreams of being an anesthesiologist, my middle son dreams of creating and building amazing homes and hotels, and my daughter dreams of being a mother and an artist. I don't know if their dreams will be realized or if there is another greater plan for their lives but I do know that I am working and striving everyday to give them what they will need to reach their full potential. And I do it because I love them and no one could ever love them more than I do!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails