Thursday, July 29, 2010

Slow Cooking Thursday: Pot Roast

I saw this on another blog and thought it would be fun to participate!

Sandra's Slow Cooking Thursday from Diary of a SHAM.



So I am sharing my Pot Roast Recipe. I love how easy this recipe is and how wonderful it tastes. I got the recipe from my mom (I have no idea where she got it from) when I was just newly married and let me tell you I have made it a lot!

I throw it in the crock-pot on Sunday Mornings and Sunday night dinner is HEAVENLY!

Pot Roast

1 large Boneless Pork Roast (I try to find one that is about 4 - 5 pounds)
1 small bag Baby Carrots
1 medium Sweet Vidalia Onion (Sliced)
4 -5 Russet Potatoes (Peeled and cubed)
I envelope Onion Soup Mix
2 cans Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup

Place carrots, potatoes and onion in bottom of slow cooker. Add Roast on top of veggies. Sprinkle roast with onion soup mix. Cover roast and top of veggies with Cream of Mushroom Soup.
Cook on High for 1 hour. Reduce slow cooker to low and continue cooking 6 to 8 hours.
I usually give this a really good stir about 30 minuets before I'm going to serve it.

I will serve this with homemade dinner rolls and sometimes hot buttered noodles.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails