Saturday, December 4, 2010

December 4

Yep, we are still strolling down memory lane. This is from 2008! I guess I better get busy putting up the Christmas decorations around here or I'm not going to be able to post anything after tomorrow!
I love this picture because what it means to "Believe" has evolved around our house every year. Of course, when the boys were little (and Delaney still) to "Believe" meant Santa....flying reindeer...elves...and trying your best to be good so that you would get presents and not coal. But now for my boys to "Believe" means....a baby in a manger...forgiven sins...wise men and shepherds...and living your life for Jesus so that you can go to Heaven!
I loved and still love every year that my children "believe" in Santa. But I'm so thankful and grateful that each one of my children have come to "believe" in the true meaning of Christmas. It's still fun to pretend that a fat man in a red suit brings presents in a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer. But it's a blessing to know that the God of Heaven came to Earth as a baby, lived his life to show us how to live ours, died on a cross so that we could have eternal life and rose again 3 days later to show us that he has all power! Now that's something to "BELIEVE" in!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails