Saturday, August 14, 2010

First Mother-Daughter Trip!


My daughter and I went on our FIRST Mother/Daughter trip this past week. We went to an All-Girls Conference called "Hadassah" with my best friend and her two amazing daughters.

Hadassah was the Hebrew name of Queen Esther. Her story is one of the most amazing and inspiring stories in the Bible. A simple girl, chosen by a King, who saved her entire race because of her boldness and courage.

My favorite scripture from this story is found in Ester Chapter 4 Verse 14

"For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, [then] shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for [such] a time as this?"

The SUCH A TIME AS THIS is the part that always chokes me up (but I think I'll save that for another post).

We had a wonderful time. Delaney and I started building the foundation for our future friendship. My daughter is 8 years old and I know that I cannot be her best friend right now (I need to be her mother, she needs a mother more than she needs a friend) but one day I hope and pray that I will be her friend. I am smart enough to know though that our friendship is not just going to happen, that I need to begin building that friendship now. So that is what I started doing! And it was wonderful. I learned that my daughter is a special little girl that is growing up into quite a little lady! I cannot wait to see the woman that she will become and I'm very excited to have a friend like her in my life.

Here are a few pictures from our trip (part of my plan is for us to start a Mother/Daughter scrapbook), I hope you enjoy them.


The first night is a formal banquet (tiara's are optional)! A prettier princess there never has been! The plan for the tiara is that she will wear it every year to Hadassah and then she will wear it on her wedding day.


The first day is Princess Prep classes and yes, you may wear a tutu when learning to become a princess!

Butterfly wings, tutus and games with other princesses! What a great way to start the day! OH and they throw candy at you too!

The second night is a church service and the perfect opportunity to give her a special gift. I gave her a grown up Bible (it's pink with little fake diamonds on the clasp - she is a princess after all).

She loved it, of course!

After church it's time to PARTY! And nothing says PARTY like butterfly wings, tutus and roller skates! This was her first time on skates and she did great! By the end of the night she was barely holding on to the walls and she has now added skates to her Christmas list.

The last day is more Princess Prep Classes and then Coronation for the 15 year old girls.

So I'm going to mark our first Mother/Daughter trip down as a huge success! I'm already planning our next outing and counting down the days till our next Hadassah!

2 comments:

Miss Riya said...

Hello,
My name is Moria. My family and I attend Bro. Martin's church in Chalmette(approx. 71/2 miles S.E. of the city of New Orleans). I found your blog through some friends in North Alabama. My daughter is in a frenzy about the conference. "Where is it?....when is it?...what's the age limit?...can we go?" Needless to say, we are probably going to attend next year.
P.S. I hope you don't mind if I add a link to your blog on my homeschool blog. From there you can access my regular blog and my daughter's.
LoVe & PrAyErS,
~ME

Tammy said...

And a great time was had by all!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails